(WWLP) – They’re on gas pumps, they’re at ATMs, and at other places where you insert your credit or debit card- and they can cost you! Credit card skimmers have become more widespread in recent years, and fraudsters are getting better at concealing these devices that steal your card information.
22News I-Team reporter Ryan Walsh talked to state officials about the different kinds of skimmers, how you can spot them, and what you can do to protect yourself.
You won’t want to miss this 22News I-Team report Tuesday night on 22News at 6:00.
More Skimmer News
- Agawam police looking to identify person in photo
- Skimmers found at Agawam gas station pumps
- Card skimming devices found on gas pumps in western Massachusetts
- Skimmers found inside gas pumps in Amherst, Easthampton
- How to spot a skimmer scanner at the ATM
- Romanian man sentenced for ATM skimming in MA, NY, NJ
- Do chip credit cards really prevent fraud?
- 50+ fraudulent credit cards seized during traffic stop
- When to use a credit card vs debit card
- Big Y says the skimmers were NOT an inside job
- Skimming devices removed from 5 Big Y stores
- “Skimming” device found at ATM in Chicopee