It’s delicious, it’s nutritious, and it’s super easy to make! Shannon Greenwood with Tandem Bagel Company showed us how to make a delicious ginger snap granola and fruit parfait!
Ginger Snap Granola
Yields 4 cups
3 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup rice flour
1 cup sliced or slivered almonds
2 tablespoons brown sugar
7 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons molasses
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 cup finely diced crystallized ginger
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, spices, salt, rice flour, almonds, and brown sugar.
3. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the oil, molasses, and maple syrup.
4. Toss the oat mixture with the oil mixture to coat. Transfer to a large baking sheet and press the granola into an even layer.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring every now and again, or until the granola starts to brown and smell toasty and fragrant.
6. Remove from the oven and let cool. Once cool, toss the granola with the crystallized ginger.