Palmer High School students, staff let back inside after gas odor evacuation

Everyone let back in the school

PALMER, Mass. (WWLP) – Palmer High School students and staff were evacuated Wednesday morning due to a gas odor.

Palmer Fire Lt. Sean Reynolds told 22News firefighters found that a gas line valve had been bumped, causing the smell of natural gas in a classroom. He said there were no readings on their meters, and that the area just had to be aired out.

All students and staff have been let back into their classrooms.

Palmer Fire Lt. John Fitzgerald told 22News they received the call for the gas odor at 7:30 a.m.