HARDEE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A Hardee County Sheriff’s Office deputy who had been helping at an evacuation shelter was killed on her way home to pick up supplies for the shelter.
Hardee County Sheriff Arnold Lanier said Julie Bridges was a 13-year veteran of the sheriff’s office.
The crash happened Sunday morning at the intersection of State Route 66 and Old Trueswald Road.
The person in the other car was also killed. That person was a department of corrections officer.
No other details have been released.
HURRICANE IRMA COVERAGE –
- More than 50 animals found tethered to trees in Florida
- Live coverage of Hurricane Irma
- VIDEO: Webcams show Hurricane Irma in real time
- The latest on Hurricane Irma from Storm Team 8
- 2017 Hurricane Guide
- Emergency shelters opening across Tampa Bay area ahead of Hurricane Irma
- Hurricane Irma: Check your evacuation level here
- Hurricane Irma causing flight cancellations, airport closures in Tampa Bay area, Florida
- CHECKLIST: Disaster supply list for hurricane
- Where to get sandbags in the Tampa Bay area
- How to get water even if the stores are out
- The one thing you must do for your pet as Irma approaches