NORTHAMPTON, Mass. (WWLP) – Firefighters are working to put out a manufacturing facility fire.
A representative of Packing Corporation of America, which is a boxing company, told 22News a small fire started on the roof of the building.
The representative said the fire at 525 Mount Tom Road in Northampton caused the company and its employees to evacuate the building. The company was able to get all its employees out of the building.
22News noticed several emergency vehicles, fire trucks and ambulances there when our cameras arrived.
There was an ambulance that drove off with its sirens on, at this time we are unsure if anyone was hurt.
General Manaher Chuck Hatch of PCA told 22News, barrens on a motor blower, on the roof, overheated and caught fire.
It caused minor damage to the roof and blower. Both will have to be repaired.
The small fire started on the roof around 3:45 Wednesday afternoon.
No was hurt and business wasn’t affected. There are 130 people who work at the cardboard boxing corporation.