CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – The 22News Storm Team has declared Wednesday a Weather Alert Day due to the potential for slow moving storms and downpours that could lead to flash flooding Wednesday afternoon and into the early evening.
A Flash Flood Warning has been issued for western portions of Franklin and Hampshire County until 5:15 P.M. The area under the warning includes Charlemont, Buckland, Ashfield, Hawley, Plainfield, Cummington, and Goshen.
Meanwhile, a Flash Flood Watch has been issued by the National Weather Service until 8 PM for all of Hampden, Hampshire and Franklin Counties.
- Afternoon: Storms and Downpours Develop. Isolated at first, but scattered by mid-late afternoon.
- Evening: Storms and showers fade as the sun sets, drying overnight.
- Main Threat: Flash Flooding, Lightning
- Secondary Threats: Damaging Winds and Small Hail
- If streets are flooded, “turn around, don’t drown”
- If you hear thunder, you’re closer enough to a storm to get struck by lightning. “When thunder roars, go indoors”
- Stay with 22News and download our free 22News Storm Team Weather App to stay ahead of the weather threat