(WWLP) – Severe thunderstorms moved through western Massachusetts Tuesday night. Here is a look at some damage in our area, reported by trained weather spotters or over amateur radio:
- 6:35 P.M. Springfield: Water main break at the corner of Cottage Street and Robbin Roads
- 7:36 P.M. Springfield: Flooding on Tapley Street at DPW, possible stuck car
- 7:48 P.M. Springfield: Flooding on Colton Street
- 7:45 P.M. West Springfield: Route 5 south tunnel flooded and impassable
- 7:54 P.M. Springfield: House struck by lightning on magnolia terrace. Smell of smoke in residence.
- 7:56 P.M. Palmer: Route 20 flooded with manhole covers popped off the road
- 8:05 P.M. Palmer: Flooding on Wilbraham Street
- 8:05 P.M. Palmer: Flooding near 2 Wilbraham Street in Palmer.
- 8:11 P.M. Springfield: Flooding on Whittum Avenue across from Frederick Harris
- 8:40 P.M. Springfield: Flooding on Roosevelt Avenue
- 10:47 P.M. Agawam: Car stuck in flooded waters on Mill Street
- 10:47 P.M. Agawam: Car stuck in flood waters on Poplar Street
- 10:52 P.M. Agawam: Henry Street is flooded and impassable
- 10:57 P.M. Agawam: Suffield Street flooded and impassable
- 11:02 P.M. Agawam: Cars stuck in flood waters on north Westfield Street. The road is impassable.
If you can safely send photos or videos of storm damage, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.