Carbon dioxide leak causes evacuation of Southwick McDonald’s

Leak occurred just before 9 a.m.

SOUHTWICK, Mass. (WWLP) – 22News has received new information on what sickened five people at a McDonalds in Southwick.

Southwick Fire Chief Russell Anderson told 22News carbon dioxide was leaking from a canister used for filling sodas. The leak occurred just before 9 A.M. Saturday. Five people were rushed to Baystate Noble Hospital in Westfield.

The police and fire departments were called to the fast food restaurant at 214 College Highway. A manager at the McDonalds told 22News they reopened at 11 A.M. Saturday morning.

Chief Anderson said the state hazmat team went inside the restaurant and fixed the leak.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s