CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – The 22News Storm Team has declared Wednesday a Weather Alert Day in order to give you a “heads up” about the potential for this potentially hazardous weather.
A Flash Flood Watch was issued for Hampden County and Berkshire County until 9:00 p.m.
Flood Advisory for Pioneer Valley until 630PM, Berkshire County until 7PM
Flash Flood Warning Hampshire & Hampden Counties until 6:45PM
While flash flooding was the main concern, lightning and damaging wind potential were also worth watching, but would be more isolated.
Here’s what we’re expecting today:
- MAIN THREAT: Flash flooding
- SECONDARY THREATS: Lightning, damaging winds
- VERY LOW THREAT: Small hail
- AFTERNOON-EARLY EVENING: Scattered downpours & storms
Safety & Preparedness:
- In the event a street is flooded, “turn around, don’t drown” and never drive through high water.
- If you hear thunder, head indoors
- Stay with 22News as we continue to track storm potential and more wet & stormy weather to end the week