Cigarette starts fire under porch of Springfield house

Flames could be seen under the front porch of a home on Carew Street

Photo: Thinkstock

SPRINGFIELD, Mass (WWLP) – A still lit cigarette was the cause of a fire in Springfield Sunday.

The fire was in Springfield’s Hungry Hill neighborhood. Flames could be seen under the front porch of a home at 638 Carew Street.

Springfield Fire Spokesman Denis Leger determined the cause of the fire was the careless disposal of a cigarette. The flames were put out quickly, before the fire could do a lot of damage.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s