CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – We made apricot date turnovers, a perfect dessert to bring to any party coming up! Nancy Parent, Owner of Tiers of Joy in Ludlow showed us how easy it is to make!
OVEN: 350 degrees for 30 minutes
TOOLS: Cookie sheet, 3″ circle cutter, Spatula
- Pie crust
- Small jar of Apricot Jam (can substitute raspberry jam)
- 1 package of chopped dates (can substitute Craisins )
INGREDIENTS FOR GLAZE:
- 1 or 2 cups of confectioners sugar
- Milk – add a little at a time until the glaze is soft enough to spread
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Soak dates in war water until plump then drain
- Combine dates with jam
- Roll out your pie crust
- Cut 3 ” circles out of the pie crust
- Spread the jam/dried fruit mixture on half of each circle leaving room at the edges so you can crimp the edges together once you fold the other half over the jam.
- Pinch edges with a fork. (if you need to lightly wet the edges to make sure they stick, that’s fine.)
- Drizzle with glaze when cool.