CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – If you’re looking to celebrate Cinco De Mayo but don’t want to break your diet, we’ve got a healthy alternative for you! Carolyn Phillips, Lifestyle and Weight Loss Expert showed us how to make an avocado margarita!
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt or sea salt
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest, divided
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons tequila
- ¾ cup triple sec
- ¾ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Toss salt and 1 tsp. lime zest on a small plate.
- Rub the rim of each margarita glass with lime wedge and dip into salt mixture.
- Purée avocado, tequila, triple sec, lime juice, cilantro, cayenne, remaining 1 tsp. lime zest, and 2½ cups ice, preferably crushed, in a blender until smooth.
- Divide among prepared glasses and garnish each with a lime wheel.