AMHERST, Mass. (WWLP) – A student at UMass Amherst was found dead off-campus on April 28th.
UMass Spokesman Ed Blaguszewski identified the student as Dillinger Perez from Springfield; a sophomore majoring in History in the College of Humanities and Fine Arts and a member of the Rugby Club Sports Team.
Northwestern District Attorney’s Office Spokeswoman Mary Carey said Massachusetts State Police Detectives were investigating it as an “unattended death”, but they do not believe there was any criminal activity involved.
Blaguszewski provided the following resources for students, staff and faculty impacted by Perez’s death:
- Student Loss and Remembrance and Services
- Center for Counseling and Psychological Health – (413) 545-2337, 127 Hills North
- Office of Religious and Spiritual Life – (413) 545-9642, 416 Student Union
- Dean of Students Office – (413) 545-2684, 227 Whitmore
- Faculty and Staff Assistance Program – (413) 545-0350, Ground Floor, 202-205 Middlesex House