Victim of deadly Holyoke home invasion identified

Carlos Ramos of Holyoke died following incident on Maple Street, 3 being charged with murder

HOLYOKE, Mass. (WWLP) – A 45 year-old man has been identified as the victim of a deadly home invasion in Holyoke late last week.

Jim Leydon, spokesperson for the Hampden County District Attorney’s Office, told 22News that Carlos Ramos was found Friday morning at 372 Maple Street with an apparent knife wound to the chest. He was taken to Baystate Medical Center, where he died.

“I would like to express my sympathies to Carlos’s family and friends during this tragic time. My office’s Murder Unit will continue to work in partnership with the Massachusetts State Police Detective Unit assigned to my Office as well as the Holyoke Police Department towards a successful prosecution and justice for the victim and his family,” Hampden County District Attorney Anthony Gulluni said in a news release sent to 22News.

Three people- Jose Espada, Madeline Garcia, and Sammy Lozada- have been charged with murder, home invasion, and assault and battery. They were taken into custody shortly after the crime and arraigned Friday afternoon in Holyoke District Court. They are all being held without the right to bail.


Related: Man killed in Holyoke home invasion; 3 arrested


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s