CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) It’s a pastry for your pooch and a dessert for your dog, we made Pawberry Pie with Sean Sherry from the Paw Street Barkery.
– 1 cup of flour
– 2 Tbs Peanut butter
– 1 cup of water
– 2 cups fresh strawberries
– 1 cup of non-dairy yogurt chips
– 2 Tbs canola oil
– Mixing Bowl
– Mixing Spoon
– Rolling Pin
– Pizza Cutter or Dough Cutter
– Sheet Pan
– Small Personal Loaf Pans or Muffin Tray
– Small ziplock bag or pastry bag with tip
1. Preheat oven to 375F
2. Wash Strawberries, cut into 1/2″ chunks and set aside.
3. Add peanut butter, water and flour to mixing bowl.
4. Mix with spoon until a dough like mixture is formed.
5. Place onto counter and roll dough to approximately 1/8″ thickness.
6. Using dough cutter, cut dough approximately 2″ winder than size of desired muffin pan “pocket” or loaf pan.
7. Place cut dough above the pocket and slowly push down so that the dough fits the inner lining of the pocket. The the top of the dough should sit inline with the top of the pan.
8. Place into oven and bake for 30 minutes.
9. Allow to cool for 2 hours.
10. Pop the shells out of the baking pans and onto cool cooking sheet.
11. Scoop the diced strawberries into the shell, filling up to the top.
9. Into a small bowl add the yogurt and canola oil, and then microwave for 1 minute.
10. Stir mixture until a uniform melted mixture and add to ziplock (or pastry) bag. Snip off the tip of the ziplock bag with scissors and use to make criss/cross or any desired design onto of the pie.
11. Pie will last for 3-4 days inside of refrigeration.