CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – If you’re looking for recipes to add to your Easter spread, look no further! Moe Shea with The Hood Café showed us how to make deviled eggs and delectable biscuits!
- 6 hard boiled eggs*
- ¼ Cup real mayo
- 1 teaspoon pickle juice or vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- ½ teaspoon sriracha
- Pepper (optional)
- Smoked paprika
Other additions you can make to mix up the classic deviled egg:
- Sour cream
- Cream cheese
- Cut hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise.
- Put egg yolks in a bowl and place whites on a tray.
- Break yolks up with a fork and then add mayo, pickle juice, mustard, and sriracha.
- Mix to a smooth consistency and taste for seasoning adding salt and pepper.
- Pipe or scoop into egg white shells. Top with a dash of smoked paprika.
*For the best color and consistency of hard boiled eggs put eggs in cold water, bring almost to a boil, turn off heat, cover eggs and let them sit in the hot water for 17 min., remove eggs from the heat, drain, and cover in cold water to stop the cooking. If you forget and your eggs start to boil only let them sit in the water for 14 min. before removing them from the heat!
Sour Cream Caraway Drop Biscuits
- 2 C flour
- 1 T baking powder
- 1 T sugar
- 2 tsp caraway seeds
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 C sour cream
- ¼ C Crisco
- ⅓ C milk
- In a medium bowl w/ fork, mix first 6 ingredients.
- With pastry blender, cut in sour cream and shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- With fork, stir milk into mixture just until blended. Onto ungreased large cookie sheet, drop
- dough by ¼ cupful about 1″ apart, to make 10 biscuits.
- Bake 15 min or until biscuits are golden.