GREENFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – A man and a woman pleaded not guilty to murder charges Friday, in the death of the second victim of a home invasion in Orange last fall.
Joshua Hart and Brittany Smith, both of Athol, were indicted in late March for the killing of 77 year-old Joanna Fisher of Orange. The two have already been charged with murder in the death of Fisher’s husband, 95 year-old Thomas Harty.
Hart and Smith are accused of invading the couple’s East River Street home, stabbing Harty and suffocating him with a pillow. Harty was killed in the attack. The couple had allegedly tried to kill Fisher during the home invasion, but she lived another month, before dying at a Worcester hospital.
Hart and Smith are facing the following charges:
- Two counts of Murder
- Two Counts of Home Invasion, one naming each victim
- Two Counts of Armed Robbery, one naming each victim
- Larceny over $250
- Larceny of a Motor Vehicle
- Receiving Stolen Property
- Unauthorized Use of a Credit Card
Both pleaded not guilty during their arraignments early Friday afternoon at Franklin Superior Court in Greenfield. They are already being held without the right to bail on the charges they face for Harty’s murder. They were also ordered held without the right to bail in this case.
Related Orange Home Invasion Coverage:
- Couple indicted on 2nd murder charge in Orange home invasion
- Not guilty pleas for suspects in Orange home invasion murder
- Jury indicts suspects in deadly home invasion in Orange
- 2nd victim in Orange home invasion died
- Deadly home invasion investigated in Orange
- Orange homicide suspects arrested in Virginia
- Orange murder suspects allegedly committed several crimes within week
- Orange home invasion murder suspects to appear in Orange District Court
- Deadly home invasion suspects plead not guilty
- No bail for man and woman accused of Orange murder