Dryer fire quickly put out in Springfield

No one injured in fire on East Canton Cir.

east canton circle fire
Image Courtesy: Springfield Fire Department

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Firefighters were able to quickly put out a fire at a home in East Springfield Monday afternoon.

Dennis Leger, aide to the Springfield fire commissioner, told 22News that a clothes dryer caused a fire in the basement of the home at 43 East Canton Circle at around 1:20 P.M.

Leger said that the fire was extinguished quickly, but there was some minor fire and smoke damage. No one was hurt.

Click here to view the map on your mobile device.