AMHERST, Mass. (WWLP) – On Thursday, athletes across western Massachusetts came together for the annual UMass Pro Day at McGuirk Stadium.
To each of the athletes on the field, Pro Day can be the opportunity of a lifetime. It’s all about football standout seniors and alumni showcasing their skills, hoping their hard work will impress some scouts.
This year, 10 players came from UMass Amherst, and 5 from AIC. They tested personal records in weight training Thursday morning at the Football Performance Center. In the afternoon, players ran timed drills outside at the McGuirk Stadium.
22News found several UMass football athletes along the sidelines supporting their teammates, hoping to make it to the Pro Day field in years to come.
UMass Amherst Linebacker Adam Tucker told 22News, “It just brings everything together that you’ve been working for since you were young. At every level, you’re looking up to the people above you, and are always thinking, I want to be that person, and then you finally get there and you are, so it means a lot.”
Former UMass football players have caught the eye of scouts in the past. In 2010, Vlad Ducasse was a second round pick of the New York Jets.
Here is a full list of the athletes that participated in the UMass Pro Day:
- Peter Angeh, Defensive Line
- Khary Bailey-Smith, Safety
- Bernard Davis, Wide Receiver
- Michael Dowe, Defensive Line
- Fabian Hoeller, Offensive Line
- Peter Ngobidi, Outside Linebacker
- John Robinson-Woodgett, Fullback
- Elijah Wilkinson, Offensive Line
- Jalen Williams, Wide Receiver
- Jovan Santos-Knox, Linebacker
- Mike Ford, Defensive Back (AIC)
- Evan Graham, Wide Receiver (AIC)
- DaQuan Holmes, Defensive Back (AIC)
- Omari Manhertz, Defensive Line (AIC)
- Danny Omoregie, Defensive Line (AIC)