SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Springfield firefighters were called to an apartment complex on Manor Court, off of Allen Street, for a fire Saturday night.
The fire started around 8:30 p.m. at 10 Manor Court. Springfield Fire Spokesman Dennis Leger told 22News the fire was started by a candle in a second floor bedroom.
Two people have been forced to find another place to stay. The damage caused by the fire is currently estimated at $25,000.
One firefighter was taken to the hospital after hurting his foot.