Breed: Dutch rabbit
Age: 3 months old
Here’s Floyd! He’s a friendly young guy who’s looking for a new home. Here are a few things you should know about rabbit care:
- Rabbits aren’t a good choice as a pet for a young child because they require delicate handling. Older children are better candidates to have rabbits as pets.
- The main component of their diet is grass hay, so make sure it’s always available
- Feed your bunny fresh, leafy greens daily (ex: dark lettuces, turnip greens, collard greens and carrot tops)
- Always keep your rabbit indoors. It’s too harsh outside, weather-wise and regarding predators
- Let them out of their cage once a day to exercise. “Bunny proof” a small room by hiding wires, cables and plants.
Dakin Dog Training – Classes are starting in March and April at both our Springfield and Leverett Adoption Centers for puppies and adult dogs! Visit the Dakin Humane website to see details.
For more information about Dakin Humane Society, visit dakinhumane.org or call 413.781.4000.