SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – A Springfield couple accused of sex trafficking were back in court Thursday for an initial conference hearing.
Milford and Tiana Lewis were arrested last December on several sex trafficking charges.
22News was outside the 5th Alarm in Springfield when the pair was arrested in December of 2015. According to court documents, the couple ran a business called “Sinful Innocence,” which posed as a talent agency for the adult entertainment industry.
Prosecutors said the couple used that business to recruit woman and force them into prostitution. So far, at least eight victims have come forward.
Milford Lewis and Tiana Lewis charges:
- Conspiracy to commit sex trafficking
- Sex trafficking
- Interstate transportation to engage in prostitution
- Interstate inducement to engage in prostitution
- Extortionate threats
Neither Milford or Tiana have entered a plea yet, but there is a chance it could happen in federal court Thursday.
Sinful Innocence Human Trafficking News:
- Springfield couple face more sex trafficking charges in prostitution case
- Springfield native, husband detained on human trafficking allegations
- Human Trafficking suspects due in Federal Court
- Springfield couple allegedly recruited women online to be prostitutes
National Human Trafficking Resource Center
SMS: 233733 (Text “HELP” or “INFO”)
Hours: 24 hours, 7 days a week
Languages: English, Spanish and 200 more languages