CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – If you’re not the kind of person that enjoys smoothies, why not try a smoothie or Buddha bowl? Contributing to our goal of getting healthy is Shannon Greenwood, owner of Tandem Bagel Company, who showed us how to make both!
- 1 Sliced, frozen banana
- 1 Heaping cup frozen berries
- 1 Mango, cubed
- ½ Cup Greek Yogurt
- Use any combination of the following:
- Unsweetened coconut
- Toasted, slivered almonds
- Cacao nibs
- Chia Seeds
- Goji Berries
- Pomegranate arils
- Blend smoothie ingredients together until they are a smooth consistency.
- Pour into bowls.
- Arrange toppings on the surface of the smoothie.
Fill the bottom of a generously sized individual serving bowl with your choice of grain. Options include:
- Rice – Brown/ White/Wild/Basmati
Top the grain with an assortment of steamed, roasted or sautéed vegetables. Vegetables could include:
- Sweet Potatoes
- Green Beans
- Spinach, Chard or Kale
- Red Peppers
- Bok Choi
Arrange a protein of choice on top of your grain and veggies. Options include:
- Legumes – Black Beans/Chick Peas
Garnish your bowl with raw veggies and herbs, nuts and seeds. Options include:
- Baby Spinach
- Nuts – Walnuts/Almonds/Pecans
- Sesame Seeds
Finally, drizzle your bowl with your favorite sauce or dressing. This could be homemade or store bought. Options include:
- Peanut Sauce
- Balsamic Reduction and Olive Oil
- Thai Ginger Marinade