CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – Winter Storm Warnings and Winter Weather Advisories are in effect for western Massachusetts. The snow will move in mid to late morning and mix with sleet, freezing rain and rain south of the Mass Pike in eastern Hampden County. It will change back to snow and could come down heavy for the evening commute before it ends Thursday night.
Watches & Warnings for Western Massachusetts:
- Winter Storm Warning: Franklin, Hampshire & Western Hampden County Thursday 9 A.M.- Friday 4 A.M.
- Winter Storm Warning: Berkshire County Thursday 9 A.M.- Friday 7 A.M.
- Winter Weather Advisory: Central/Eastern Hampden County Thursday 9 A.M.- Friday 4 A.M.
- Dry for the Thursday morning commute
- Light Snow Develops After 9AM Thursday
- Widespread snow Thursday midday through Thursday Night
- Snow ends before Friday morning’s commute
- Mostly snow north of the Mass Pike
- Near & south of the Mass Pike: some rain/sleet will mix in during the afternoon, but should start and end as snow
- Where rain/sleet mixes in, snowfall totals will be significantly less
- Snow will be a heavy/wet snow, making shoveling difficult
- Who gets some rain/sleet and who stays all as snow? This will have the biggest impact on snowfall totals in the Lower Pioneer Valley, which will be the area most affected by the rain/snow line.
- Click here for our latest snowfall map
- Keep checking back for snowfall forecast adjustments, especially in the Lower Pioneer Valley where adjustments up or down are more likely as we narrow down the amount of rain that may or may not mix in.
|– Local Forecast||– Weather Text Alerts|
|– Temperatures||– Weather Email Alerts|
|– Weather News||– WWLP 22News Weather App|
|– Interactive Radar||– Live Area Webcams|