Chimney fire damages home in Turners Falls

Greenfield and Orange provided mutual aid

TURNERS FALLS, Mass. (WWLP) – A family of eight will have to stay someplace else this Christmas after a fire at their home in Turners Falls.

Turners Falls firefighter Jeffery Ellis told 22News that the fire at 28 High Street started as a chimney fire. Firefighters were able to keep the flames contained to a small area near the chimney.

All 8 family members made it out of the house safely. According to Ellis, none of the family’s Christmas gifts were damage by the flames. The residents are staying with family until repairs are made to the house.

Turners Falls Police told 22News that High Street was closed for hours as firefighters worked to put out the flames, but the road has since been reopened.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s