CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – It’s a food you might be intimidated to make at home, but Chef Bill Collins from chefbill.com showed us how to make the perfect popovers in your own kitchen!
1 ½ cups of whole milk
3 extra large eggs (or 4 large)
1 ½ cups of all purpose white flour
3 tablespoons canola oil
Put oven rack in lower middle of oven.
Preheat oven to 450°. Put ungreased popover pan in oven to preheat.
1. Place the milk, eggs, and flour into a blender, in the order listed above.
2. Blend on medium for 30 seconds, then scrape down sides to make sure everything is mixed well. Add the canola oil, and blend another 30 seconds
3. Carefully remove the very hot popover pan and spray with spray canola oil to lightly coat entire pan.
4. Pour the batter into each popover cavity, filling them approximately ¾ full. Bake on the center of the rack, for 25 minutes. Do not open the oven door while they’re baking.
5. At end of 25 minutes, crack open the oven door for 4 minutes before removing the popovers. Do this by keeping the door barely open with a wooden spoon jammed into the door opening to keep it from closing.
6. Serve warm, with either butter and jam, or with beef and gravy.
Yield: six popovers