EAST LONGMEADOW, Mass. (WWLP)- The United States Postal Service said Monday was the busiest mailing day of the year with 12 million customers visiting the nations 31,000 plus post offices. About 750 million packages will be delivered this holiday season. It marks about a 12% bump from last year.
The lines at the East Longmeadow Post Office were long but moving Monday.
Tatiana Roy, the Marketing Manager for the CT Valley District of the U.S. Postal Service told 22News, “So if you have to have it there on Christmas Day and you are doing it at the last minute use our Priority Mail Express.”
SEND-BY DATES FOR EXPECTED DELIVERY BEFORE DECEMBER 25
- December 20: First Class Mail
- December 21: Priority Mail
- December 23: Priority Mail Express
- December 23: FedEx First Overnight, FedEx Priority Overnight, Fed Ex 2Day (A $16 Saturday delivery fee will apply per package)
- *FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery will not deliver on December 24.
- December 19: 3 Day Select
- December 21: 2nd Day Air
- December 23: Next Day Air
- FREE Two-Day Shipping through Amazon Prime
- FREE Shipping with your order will be delivered within 5-8 business days
- If your order was placed with 3rd party, shipping timelines vary
- Click here for send by dates.
Whether it be the click of the mouse or swing of the pen it feels good to get it done.
“Cards, that was the last of them today. So I’m done with all of that. And all my Christmas shopping is done and wrapped and ready to go,” Jan Stebbins, of East Longmeadow said.
Checking the list twice to see who’s naughty or nice, the best advice is to send earlier rather than later especially considering price.