GREENFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – 20 Greenfield nursing home residents spent Sunday back in their rooms, following a scary incident late Saturday night. Greenfield firefighters evacuated the Buckley Health Care center on Laurel Street.
Fire Captain Clark Ceaman told 22News, a malfunctioning air handling unit on the roof was forcing smoke into the second and third floors. Where the residents live.
As soon as the problem was corrected and the flow of air improved, the 20 seniors were allowed back into their rooms. There was no one hurt or overcome.