SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Police cruisers from Springfield and West Springfield were all along the North End Bridge, Friday night, after an alleged robbery. It all started from a craigslist deal gone wrong.
West Springfield Police Sgt. Timothy Smith told 22News someone who previously had their car rims stolen, thought they found their rims listed for sale on craigslist.
They set up a “fake-buy” to confront the seller at the Pride Station on West Street in Springfield; however, the seller drove off and the accuser chased them onto the North End Bridge, where they both crashed.
Sgt. Smith said there were no arrests, but police have the rims until they can sort the situation out. No one was hurt.
Related Safe Zone Coverage:
- Woman victim to Ludlow house rental scheme
- Belchertown police offering safe place to exchange items bought online
- Springfield PD working to create a “safe zone” for online purchases
- ‘Safe Zone’ for internet purchases considered in Wilbraham
- Easthampton Police establish new safe zone for internet purchases