CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) In celebration of Hanukkah, we are having a dreidel spin-off right here in studio 1A! Rabbi James Greene and his daughter are from the Springfield JCC and they are here to challenge us to a friendly dreidel spin-off!
For more information, visit SpringfieldJCC.org
A great Miracle happened there!
How to Play Dreidel:
1) Everyone start with 15 candies
2) The person with the birthday closest to Hanukkah goes first
3) At the beginning of every round, each player puts a candy into the pot.
In addition, every time the pot is empty or has only one candy left, every player must put one candy into the pot.
4) Each person takes a spin and depending on the outcome, you give or get candy from the pot.
Gimmel Take it all
Hey Take half
Shin Put one in
Nes Gadol Haya Sham
5) If you find that you have no candy left, you are out.
6) When one person has won all the candy, the game is over and that person is declared the CHAMPION!!!!!!