BELCHERTOWN, Mass. (WWLP) – Two men who are being charged in the October killing of a 31 year-old man in Amherst are expected to be in court this week. Soknang Chham, 33, and Soksot Chham, 35, both of New Salem, have been in custody in Arizona ever since they were arrested on October 25.
Soknang Chham is charged with a single count of murder in the death of Jose “Joselito” Rodriguez. Soksot Chham is charged with being an accessory after the fact. They are expected to be arraigned at Eastern Hampshire District Court in Belchertown on Friday afternoon.
Rodriguez died and another man was seriously wounded in the October 15 shooting at the Southpoint Apartments. The second victim was eventually released from the hospital.
Mary Carey, spokesperson for the Northwestern District Attorney’s Office, told 22News that the Chhams were taken into custody on a warrant from U.S. Marshals near Flagstaff, Arizona, after they received word that the two had left Massachusetts on a bus bound for Phoenix.
Related Amherst Deadly Shooting Coverage:
- Amherst murder suspects being returned to western Massachusetts
- Suspects in Amherst homicide held without bail in Arizona jail
- Amherst murder suspect arrested in Arizona, along with alleged accomplice
- 2nd victim of Amherst shooting expected to survive
- Amherst homicide victim remembered as “fun-loving guy,” father of 3