Firefighters put out house fire in Springfield

The house is on Goodrich Street

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) –  Firefighters worked to put out an electrical fire at a home in Springfield Friday morning.

Springfield Fire Department spokesman Dennis Leger told 22News one woman was inside the home at 69 Goodrich Street and was able to get out safely. He said she will not be able to return to the home until repairs are made.

Photo courtesy Springfield Fire Department
Springfield Arson and Bomb Squad Investigator Victor Guzman looks over wiring for clues on the side of 69 Goodrich Street early Friday morning. Photo courtesy Springfield Fire Department.

Leger said the fire, which began around 4:38 a.m., resulted in around $10,000 in damage and was caused by an overheated electrical outlet.

goodrich-st-fire

The fire caused police to temporarily close a portion of nearby Stafford Street, but it has since reopened to drivers.

Click here to view the map on your mobile device.