EAST LONGMEADOW, Mass. (WWLP) – The East Longmeadow Town Council voted unanimously Thursday night on who will be the next Town Manager.
22News was there as the Town Council selected the current interim Town Manager Denise Menard to have the position permanently. The other two finalist for the position were Christopher Clarke and Thomas Guerino, who are town administrators in Bourne and Harwich.
Menard had her final interview for the job in Thursday night’s Town Council meeting. She told 22News, “Now I see the council gelling, they are a team of seven and I have, a really comfortably feel that I am their eight partner, that we work very, very well together.”
Her temporary contract ends on December 15th. Town Council President Kevin Manley told 22News on Wednesday that they are looking forward to a smooth transition.
Related East Longmeadow Town Council Coverage:
- Final 3 Town Manager candidates interviewed in East Longmeadow
- East Longmeadow Town Manager finalists announced
- East Longmeadow Town Councilors discuss possible salary
- New town council for East Longmeadow sworn in
- East Longmeadow’s government to begin transition period
- 7 people selected for the new East Longmeadow Town Council
- 32 running for East Longmeadow’s first-ever Town Council
- East Longmeadow Select Board: “We will not settle”