EAST LONGMEADOW, Mass. (WWLP) – The Town of East Longmeadow is one step closer to selecting a Town Manager; Wednesday night, the Town Council publicly interviewed the three finalists for the position.
The three finalists are Interim Town Manager Denise Menard, Christopher Clarke, and Thomas Guerino. Clarke and Guerino are town administrators in Bourne and Harwich.
East Longmeadow has been looking to fill the position since July, when they voted in a new town charter. “To me, that’s one of the most important aspects, how they’re going to deal with that change,” Town Council President Kevin Manley told 22News. “Effectively implement the change without alienating employees who work here every day, and come to work and do their job.”
Menard’s contract ends on December 15th. Manley said the Town Council is looking forward to a smooth transition. They plan to announce the new Town Manager at their December 13th meeting, and the Town Manager is expected to start on January 1st.
Interviews will continue on Thursday.
Related East Longmeadow Town Council Coverage:
- East Longmeadow Town Manager finalists announced
- East Longmeadow Town Councilors discuss possible salary
- New town council for East Longmeadow sworn in
- East Longmeadow’s government to begin transition period
- 7 people selected for the new East Longmeadow Town Council
- 32 running for East Longmeadow’s first-ever Town Council
- East Longmeadow Select Board: “We will not settle”