WINDSOR LOCKS, Conn. (WWLP) – Thanksgiving is the busiest travel period of the year on the roads, and in the skies.
Bradley International Airport is expecting heavy travel due to the holiday. The Connecticut Airport Authority is telling passengers to give themselves at least 90 minutes to check-in and process through TSA.
There are a few things you can do before heading to the airport Wednesday. The airport authority suggests you check and confirm the status of your flight with your airline before leaving for the airport. In order to move quickly through TSA screening lines, you can check to make sure you did not pack any prohibited items in your bags.
TSA prohibits the following items in carry-on bags:
- Liquids, aerosols, gels, creams and food items in containers larger than 3.4 ounces
- Firearms, ammunition, brass knuckles, self-defense sprays
- Gun powder
- Strike-anywhere matches
- Box cutters
- Baseball bats, golf clubs, hockey sticks, ski poles
- Hammers, drills and drill bits
- Any tools greater than seven inches long
For a full list of prohibited items, click here.