SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – The 22nd season of Bright Nights at Forest Park opens on Wednesday night, and there will be several special events to make the holiday lighting experience even more memorable this year. Here are some of the special events planned for this season:
- Lighting ceremony– November 23, 5:00 P.M. – Flipping of the switch on the 650,000+ lights in the display, as well as the Winter Carousel, Santa Train, and Giant Snow Globe in Santa’s Magical Forest. Admission reduced to $6. Bright Nights Loyalty Card holders get one free.
- Military and First Responders Night – November 30 – Free admission for active military, law enforcement, firefighters, and EMS personnel.
- Ten Dollar Tuesdays – December 6 and 13 – Admission reduced to $10 per car
- Supper with Santa at Barney Carriage House – December 11, 13, and 16 – Tickets $18 for adults, $15 for children under 12. Reservations can be made by calling Spirit of Springfield (on weekdays) at (413) 733-3800.
- Horse-drawn wagon rides – Fridays and Sundays through December 23 (no rides on December 18) – $10 adults, $8 children 12 and under, entire wagon (holding up to 20 people) can be reserved for $150.
- Horse-drawn carriage rides – Fridays and Saturdays – $75 for up to four passengers.
- Craft Corner activities at gift shop in Santa’s Magical Forest – Stocking personalization: December 5-7 ad 12-14. Craft making December 25-January 1.
Regular Admission Prices: $18 per car Mondays through Thursdays (exception for $6 opening night, $21 Thanksgiving Day, and $10 Tuesdays on December 6 and 13. ) $21 per car Friday through Sunday and on Thanksgiving Day.
For more information about special events at Bright Nights, visit brightnights.org.