A Winter Storm Warning remains in effect for all of Berkshire County until 7 p.m. Monday.
* Hazard types…heavy snow and blowing snow.
* Snow accumulations…6 to 14 inches.
* Maximum snowfall rate…generally around one inch per hour.
* Timing…snow heavy at times this evening then snow showers through Monday.
* Impacts…potentially dangerous travel conditions due to snow covered roads and near zero visibility at times due to heavy snow and blowing snow.
* Winds…west to northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Temperatures…in the 30s through Sunday and then the upper 20s to mid 30s Sunday night and Monday.
Precautionary/preparedness actions… A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must travel…keep an extra flashlight… food…and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
A Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 5 a.m. Monday for western Franklin, Hampshire and Hampden Counties.
* Hazard types…accumulating snow.
* Accumulations… additional accumulations of 1 to 3 inches of snow.
* Timing…scattered snow showers will continue at times through tonight.
* Impacts…roads may become snow covered and slippery as temperatures drop along with poor visibility at times.
* Winds…west 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Temperatures…in the lower 30s.
Precautionary/preparedness actions… A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow…sleet…or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities…and use caution while driving.
A Wind Advisory remains in effect until 7 PM Monday
*Location…all of southern New England
*Winds … west 10-20 MPH with Gusts up to 50 MPH
*Timing…. a few gusts between 40 and 50 MPH are possible tonight. The strongest winds are expected on Monday, when frequent winds gusts of 40 to 50 MPH are anticipated.
*Impacts..winds this strong are capable of downing large tree limbs and also result in the risk for isolated power outages. The strongest winds and the greatest risk for tree damage will occur on Monday when the winds are strongest.
|– Local Forecast||– Severe WX Text Alerts|
|– Temperatures||– Severe WX Email Alerts|
|– Weather News||– Live Area Webcams|
|– Interactive Radar||– Winter Safety Checklist|