CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – Have you said “I can’t sleep, I have too many things on my mind.”? Dr. Siegfried Haug is the author of ‘I Want to Sleep’ and he has the solution.
Getting things OFF your mind ( and ON TO paper)
- “I can’t sleep, I have too many things on my mind.”
- Brains are designed to anticipate trouble. That’s why it is useless to say ” don’t worry.”
- Survival depends on anticipatory trouble management.
- But: in bed you can’t take action, which is what your brain wants you to do. So you keep worrying – until you do SOMETHING. Fortunately we can ‘download’ trouble.
- By talking it out AND By writing it out
- Have a worry to-do-list by your bedside. It works