CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – When it comes to thanksgiving, there is so much food and leftovers that our pets are dying to have, so why not make them their own Thanksgiving treat? Shawn Sherry with the Paw Street Barkery is here to show us how to make a pup-kin pie and apple and sweet potato chips!
Pup-Kin Pie Ingredients:
- 1 cup flour
- 4oz chicken stock
- 4oz puréed pumpkin
- 1 tsp cinnamon (Ceylon)
- 2oz quick oats
- Pizza cutter
- Cutting board
- Sheet pan
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons/bowl
- Rolling pin
1. Turn oven onto 350F to preheat.
2. Into a mixing bowl, add flour and chicken stock (leaving a pinch of flour out to coat dough)
3. Mix thoroughly until dough is formed.
4. Coat the outside of the dough with additional flour and roll to approximately 1/4″ thickness.
5. Using the pizza cutter, cut out 4″ squares from the dough.
6. For each square, pinch the corners, creating a bowl-like shape.
7. Place each treat onto cookie sheet and place into oven.
8. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes, or until bowls seem firm. Rotate tray if necessary for uniform baking.
9. Remove bowls from oven and place to side.
10. Into a small bowl, mix pumpkin, oats and cinnamon.
11. Scoop one teaspoon of mixture into each shell.
12. Return filled mini pies to oven and continue to bake for additional 10 minutes.
13. Allow treats to cool and serve. Refrigerate treats for up to 5 days.
Apple & Sweet Potato Chips Ingredients:
- 1 Apple
- 1 Sweet Potato
- Cutting board
- Cookie sheet
1. Wash both the sweet potato and Apple.
2. On the cutting board, slide both the Apple and sweet potato into 1/8″ thick slices and place onto cookie sheet.
3. Bake at 275 for half hour, flipping over after 15 minutes.
4. Allow to cool and serve.
5. Refrigerate up to 1 week.