PRINCETON, Mass. (AP) – Police investigating the death of a New York City woman killed while out running near her mother’s Massachusetts home are looking for an SUV seen near where her body was found.
Vanessa Marcotte was killed August 7th while visiting her mother in Princeton, a small town in central Massachusetts. Her body was found in woods a half-mile from her mother’s home.
Worcester District Attorney Joseph Early Jr. said Wednesday police are seeking a dark-colored SUV seen by witnesses parked on Brooks Station Road around the time Marcotte was killed. No further details of the SUV have been provided.
Investigators believe Marcotte was attacked by a man and may have injured him.
Marcotte grew up in Leominster and had been working as an account manager for Mountain View, California-based Google in New York.
Related Vanessa Marcotte Coverage:
- Police step up patrols after runner approached by stranger
- Jogger killed in Massachusetts woods laid to rest
- Questions remain in jogger’s murder
- Runners gather in Massachusetts to remember slain woman
- Police get 500 tips after runner found dead in MA woods
- DA: Woman found dead in MA woods struggled with attacker
- Staying safe while jogging: Vital tips from police
- NYC woman visiting Massachusetts found murdered in woods
Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.