WESTFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Westfield State University honored its student veterans and military members Friday night.
Just before the Veterans Day football game started, the American Legion, American Legion Auxiliary and the Sons of the American Legion posted their colors. Veterans were also recognized in the audience during half time.
Before the game, the school held a free Military & Veterans Resource Fair. Coordinator of the fair, Lisa Ducharme, told 22News, “A lot of the times, you get someone who separates from the military and they have no clue what to do. Then you have people who are at that point where they’ve done so much, now they’re ready to do a little more, but they just don’t know how to do it. When we do these resource fairs, we actually include the education piece as well.”
Westfield State currently has 231 military-connected students registered, including active-duty, veterans and family members.
Related Veterans Day Coverage:
- Home to Westover Air Reserve Base, Chicopee celebrates and remembers its many veterans
- Springfield honored Veterans Day with parade, ceremony
- Veterans of wars recent and long past honored in Holyoke
- West Springfield honors Veterans with parade, ceremony
- Wilbraham Eagle Scouts clean and repair headstones honoring our veterans
- Love of country, gratitude to veterans on display in Ware