CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – A fundraiser was held in Chicopee Friday night to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the United Service Organization. The “Spirit of the USO Variety Show” featured local performers in a “Bob Hope Show” style.
Vice Chair of Pioneer Valley USO and U.S. Navy veteran, Earl Bonett, told 22News his goal is to provide support and stability for military men and women once they return home from deployment.
“The number of people who are stepping up and appreciating what our men and women do; and supporting the USO and our mission to serve until everyone comes home; and to make the men and women who serve our country feel at home even when they’re not,” said Bonett.
All proceeds went to the Pioneer Valley USO Chapter at Westover Air Reserve Base.
Related Veterans Day Coverage:
- Home to Westover Air Reserve Base, Chicopee celebrates and remembers its many veterans
- Springfield honored Veterans Day with parade, ceremony
- Veterans of wars recent and long past honored in Holyoke
- West Springfield honors Veterans with parade, ceremony
- Wilbraham Eagle Scouts clean and repair headstones honoring our veterans
- Love of country, gratitude to veterans on display in Ware