4 departments called-in to fight Granby house fire

East Street had been closed while firefighters worked

fire-east-street-granby

GRANBY, Mass. (WWLP) – A wood stove may have caused a house fire that shut down a major roadway in Granby Thursday morning.

Granby Interim Fire Chief Bruce Carpenter told 22News that they were able to contain the fire at 165 East Street to the garage and a breezeway. No one was at home at the time of the fire, but three cats escaped from the house, and they are now looking to find them.

Firefighters from South Hadley, Ludlow, and Westover Air Reserve Base were called-in to help Granby firefighters put out the flames.

East Street had been shut down from New Ludlow Road to the Ludlow town line as the firefighting effort was going on. The roadway has since re-opened.

Carpenter said that it is believed that the fire was caused by a wood stove, but the state fire marshal’s office will have to make the final determination.

Click here to view the map on your mobile device.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s