CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – A dessert that doesn’t involve baking that’s perfect for your holiday party! Nancy Parent, Owner of Tiers of Joy in Ludlow, showed us how to make No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars.
No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
1 cup butter, melted
2 cups graham cracker crumbs (you can purchase the crumbs or use a food processor if you have crackers)
2 cups confectioners sugar
1 cup PLUS 4 TBS creamy peanut butter (keep the 4 TBS separate)
1 ½ c milk chocolate chips
– Hand mixer , optional…can mix by hand instead
– Medium bowl
– Smaller microwave bowl
– Ungreased pan NOTE: IF YOU WANT thinner bars use a 9×13″ pan, if you want thicker bars use a 9×9″ pan
– Spatula or spoon
– In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter, cracker crumbs, confectioners sugar and 1 cup of peanut butter until well blended
– Press mixture into ungreased pan
– Put 1 ½ c milk chocolate chips and the 4 TBS of peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl.
– Melt in 30 second bursts. After the first 30 seconds, stir, repeat until the mixture is completely melted and smooth
– Spread over the peanut butter mixture
– Refrigerate for minimum of 1 hour before cutting into squares
– Substitute white chocolate or dark chocolate for a variation of this treat
– Since you don’t bake these you could fold in mini chocolate chips into the “batter”
– Once chocolate is set you could make caramel and pour a slightly cooled caramel over the chocolate for a sinful version.