CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) Capture the season in muffin form! Shannon Greenwood is the Co-owner of the Tandem Bagel Company in Easthampton shared her recipe.
Apple Cider Donut Muffins
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ cup apple cider
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a muffin pan.
- In medium bowl, combine apple cider, egg and vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, combine flour, ½ cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- With mixer running on low, slowly incorporate wet ingredients. Mix until batter is just combined and no streaks remain. Using a large cookie scoop, divide batter between prepared muffin cavities.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Immediately turn out onto a baking sheet.
- Melt butter in medium bowl. Combine remaining granulated sugar and cinnamon. Coat each muffin in melted butter and then roll in cinnamon sugar. Cool on wire rack.
Yield: 10 muffins