CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) Fall is an often overlooked opportunity for garden maintenance. Master Gardener, the Green Thumb Guru Ed Sourdiffe showed off his tips.
Timely Tips for the Fall Gardener:
- Time to plant garlic Oct 1 to November 15
- Perfect time to plant Perennials, shrubs, Trees etc.
- Do a walk about with a garden journal
- Create a “light heater” to extend season
- Check not only the plants for insects,but the pots and saucers as well,when bringing in plants
Using Autumn in your indoor arraignments:
- When using leaves make sure they are in good condition and not moldy
- Oak leaves are some of the most durable leaves for projects
- If you can’t find leaves with good color spray paint can work wonders on the leaves and may help preserve them
- If using a Styrofoam base or one that is not attractive use a more natural material like burlap to cover
- Take your time with this project half the fun is going out gathering materials and using your imagination.