(KTWO/CNN) – Divel McLean was preparing a meal at her friend’s house on Friday when her salad dressing fought back. McLean said “I heard ‘pop, pop, pop.’ I looked up, it was possessed. It was going crazy. It was shooting up in the air. To the side.”
You heard that right, Divel said her Dorthy Lynch salad dressing bottle exploded. She said, “It sounded like a firecracker going off in the house. How loud was this? Sound effects. Real loud.”
After the big pop, she snapped pictures for proof, knowing that no one would believe her story. “Well it’s hard to explain, I was attacked by a bottle of salad dressing. He probably thought I was in the whiskey or something.”
It wasn’t until later, when Divel found out her dressing has been recalled. In a statement, Dorthy Lynch said a bacteria in their product is bubbling, causing the dressing to foam, or even spew out.
McLean said, “Go get a refund and take it back, don’t even wait to see if it ticks. If you do, open it outside. Give your kids something to play with.”
With damage to the carpet, the walls, a computer and her dress, she estimates $2,500 dollars in total destruction. She said, “From just a $3 bottle of dressing, from the depths of my toes, to the top of my head. I will never eat Dorthy Lynch again. That stuff is crazy.”