CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – Buckley Healthcare Center in Greenfield is a place where life is celebrated — and one of their standout features of the center is their brain healthy food! Head Chef Mike Harrison showed us how to make Chicken Cacciatore.
Buckley Healthcare Center
95 Laurel Street
Call (413) 774-3143 or visit BuckleyHealthcare.com.
Pan Fried Chicken Cacciatore
6 Marinated* Chicken Breasts
½ Cup All Purpose Flour for dredging
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Large Red Pepper, chopped
1 Large Portabella Mushroom
6 Large Mushrooms
1 Onion, chopped
3 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
¼ Cup Dry White Wine
1 (28-ounce) Can Diced tomatoes with Juice
¼ Cup Reduced-Sodium Broth
1 ½ Teaspoons Dried Oregano Leaves
¼ Cup Coarsely Chopped Fresh Basil Leaves
*Marinate for Chicken
¼ Cup Olive Oil
1/8 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
½ Teaspoon Salt
¼ Teaspoon Pepper
4 Garlic Cloves
1. Marinate chicken 4 to 8 hours.
2. Dredge in flour.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
4. Add chicken pieces to pan and sauté just until brown.
5. After turning, add onion, pepper, and mushrooms.
6. Cook 3 to 5 minutes longer.
7. Add wine and simmer until ½ reduced, 2 minutes.
8. Add tomatoes with their juice, broth, fresh herbs. Cook additional 5 minutes.
Serve over rice or pasta.