AGAWAM, Mass. (WWLP) – Fire forced an Agawam family from their home Tuesday afternoon.
Firefighters were called to 20 Robin Lane at around noontime. Agawam Deputy Fire Chief B.J. Calvi told 22News that when firefighters first got there, light smoke was coming from the home. He said that within 30 seconds, conditions began deteriorating and heavy smoke was billowing from the home.
One resident was taken to the hospital for minor burns. A dog was rescued from the home.
Calvi said the fire began in the basement. Investigators are still trying to figure out how it started.