Man charged in alleged machete attack in Worcester

Victim suffered injuries to head and neck

Photo Courtesy: CNN/WFXT
Photo Courtesy: CNN/WFXT

WORCESTER, Mass. (AP) — Worcester police have arrested a man they say attacked another man with a machete.

Officers responded to a Colton Street apartment at about 7:20 p.m. Sunday for reports of stabbing. When they got there, they were told the victim had already been taken to the hospital with injuries to the head and neck area.

Officers learned that the suspect may still be on the scene. They followed a trail of blood to a basement apartment where they found a man still holding a machete. The apparently intoxicated man dropped the machete after being told several times to do so.

Police charged 39-year-old Fausto Portillo with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon. It could not immediately be determined if he has a lawyer.

The victim’s name was not released.

 

Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s